Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Days 29-34

Days 29-33

So this past weekend was spent entirely doing my art; I also did a lot of reading and fininshed the second season of Angel. It was a lonely couple of days, but I got a lot of work done. I now have 8 close-to-being-done images. I showed what I had to Erin and Alicia and was surprised by some of the reactions. I'll post two of my most finished ones. For the others, you'll have to wait.

So that was pretty much all I did for the last 4 days. I'm excited about the images, although I'm still a skeptical about some of them. I'm definetly excited about showing them at FaerieWorlds.

Day 34

Today I actually did some other work. Donny picked me up and we went on some errands. First we went to Borders in Culver City. There, we pulled down a whole bunch of magazines that we thought looked like something that Joseph's work might be able to get into. Then we sat down and flipped through them to figure out if the magazine could take his work and where/why. Next, we located the contact information on the editors or art directors and wrote down notes so we could file them away later.

After the trip to Borders, we treked over to a photo supply place to buy ink and paper so we could print images for their booth at FaerieWorlds. The bill came up to $300. Supplies are definetly expensive. I bought myself some paper too (20 sheets cost me $50.00).

Lastly, we went in search for a button maker at Target. We unfortunately did not find one. Donny was very sad about this, but she'll just have to find one online or something. Once we were back at the apartment, Donny had me type up the list of magazine info. Then she sent me a zip file of all the new images that needed to be added to their webstore. I worked on that for a little while, but then Joseph and Donny told me about how to use Photoshop to design a webpage. It was informative. But it takes a lot of pre-thinking and knowing exactly what you want the site to look like when you click on the various links and such. One of my goals tonight is to work on that. *sigh* That and I need to finish up the images so that I can print them in the next week. Busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment