Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 5

Day 5 began with a nice breakfast. As we were all sitting around enjoying the morning, someone came in and commented that we weren't going any where today because it was pouring. At this, a frenzy began. Because it never rains very much in LA, Joseph was excited about doing a shoot in the rain. We rushed to cover cameras with plastic bags, dress the models and do their makeup. After all that rushing, it started hailing. So we waited. Joseph managed to perfect the protection for his camera. When the hail let up, we ventured outside. It was cold, but once I was out there I got used to it. He got some great shots.

After we came back inside, the main goal was to warm up. Rhonda made this excellent hot chocolate using cream cheese. It was amazing and I totally want to know the recipe. Later on, we began working on the Seven Deadly Sins again. We managed to do three of them, all three without leaving Rhonda's. I worked on the set for Sloth (which was basically making the kitchen disgusting) while simultaneously other people were setting up the bar scene for Gluttony. Both those shoots took maybe an hour or two. It was awesome because as we were shooting we watched Repo! The Genetic Opera. I kinda forgot how much I liked that movie. And finally, we squeezed in Pride as well.

The plan for the end of the day revolved around going to see Transformers Rise of the Fallen at midnight. First we had to go the Goodwill again to find clothes for the skater-faerie that we are shooting this week. I found the pants that they choose (they had awesome orange and green accents) as well as some elbow, knee, and wrist gaurds. I was excited that I was able to help out. Joseph claimed that I should get a raise from my nothing for pay by 5%. That was then returned by them paying for my dinner at Chili's.

After dinner, we went to Hastings, which is like a combination of GameStop, FYE, and Borders. We had a good time, looking at stuff and chatting. Joseph told me about the Angel and Spike After the Fall comics, which I didn't even know existed. I found a couple books that I want to read, so they get added on to the ever-growing list.

I marvel at how geeky these people are. It's amazing. I feel way more comfortable and at home with than I do when I'm in art classes at school. They were totally thrilled about going to see the Transformers movie. I thought it was good, but not great. Some of the characters were great, but they weren't developed enough. It could have been a lot better, but it was worth seeing.
Today we are doing the last two Sins (Wrath and Greed). Other than that, I don't know what's up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment