Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 6

Day 6 was fairly relaxed. We managed to finish up the Seven Deadly Sins quite nicely. Greed we did in the basement, with a bunch of white shirts. Then after a break, we worked on Wrath, which was the shoot with the most models. It was a scene in front of a “court house” after a man was found not guilty of rape. The scene took a while to compose, but once we got everyone in place it worked out nicely.

When that was done, we came back and just hung out. I finally got to show them my work, which was nice. They had good things to say; mostly that I definitely had my own vision. After we were done looking at my photos, we just hung out. I worked on a drawing, but I can't finish it until I get charcoal.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to shoot for my portfolio over this summer. I have a few ideas, but we'll have to see how it goes. I'm definitely excited about getting into doing some photography again.

We have some more TOTF shoots to do today. I'm particularly excited about seeing the skater boy one. If we have time, I might take some photos myself, but we'll see how much energy I have. Then tomorrow we leave for LA. Almost 1/6 of my internship is done! Even though I've only been here for a week, I feel like it's been half a month.

2 comments:

  1. Are you required to make a portfolio for the internship? Are they gonna help you with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, making a portfolio is part of the internship; I then get to showcase it at FaerieWorlds. They will be helping me a little with building the works; but they've made it clear that the direction I decide to go in is completely up to me. I was a little concerned for a while because i thought they were going to expect me to use the same lighting, themes, etc, but they were pleased to look at my own work and see that I had already developed my own vision. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do for these images...I'll probably just wing it like I always do. i usually end up with some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete