Thursday, July 16, 2009

Days 26-28

Days 26 and 27

Monday and Tuesday were my days off. I spent a good chunk of time relaxing, watching Charmed or reading. I also did laundry, did some light grocery shopping and updated my blog. In addition to these mundane things, I also got to FINALLY work on some art of my own. This whole trip has been incredibly inspiring, so the fact that I didn't have any photos to work on was rather frustrating. I worked on three images over the course of the two days (I haven't become as efficent at working as Joseph who seems to finish 2-3 images a day when he puts his mind to it. I just don't have the attention span to stay on the computer that long all at once. I have to spread it out a bit more.) I'm pretty happy with one out of the three. The other two I'm still sort of skeptical about, but I think they're getting there. I'm excited to work on some more in the coming days.

Day 28

Wednesday was back to work. Donny and I spent the time editing their webstore. I got to learn some HTML coding, which was surprisingly not as difficult as I expected. I wrote out the privacy section of the store and also uploaded the 8 prints that they are starting out with. It was kind of fun, even though it was tedious and a littler frustrating at times. Lastly, we sent out a newsletter about their new calendar (which I got to flip through; it was quite nice. I really liked some of the new images). This was, again, another lesson in HTML. It was a lot to absorb, but I think I got most of it.

Now my next task (along with working on images to show at FaerieWorlds) is to begin designing my own website. I talked to Alicia about it a little bit today...it is clear that we have very different opinions about color, although I think I agree with some of her layout ideas. I'll have to spend some time browsing through some webpages that I like and do some sketches of layout ideas. I think the hardest thing is going to be picking a color scheme....

But that's for another day. Today we are doing some inventory so that we are sure we have everything we need for FaerieWorlds. Should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment