Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Days 40 and 41

Day 40

Yesterday was another day of errands and printing. We had several errands so we had to run around town first. We went and bought more ink, and then went to Target and Staples in search of some containers that they could use to transport their books and prints that they are going to sell at FaerieWorlds. It was interesting to see them pick out the containers that they could use, even if Donny thought it was a waste of my time. After we had the containers, we went to a store called Smart and Final; basically like a BJ's with bulk products for restaurants. There we purchased bags to give to customers at FaerieWorlds as well as groceries.

With all our errands done, we went back to their apartment to finish up my printing and to begin packing their prints. When I was done printing my images, we went to FedEx Office to get my buisness cards printed along with the newsletter sign-up sheets. Donny also wanted to ask about papers for Tuesday, because Joseph was working on an exclusive image only to be sold at FaerieWorlds. Unfortunately, the woman who Donny dealt with was not very polite, and she left very upset. My cards got printed fine, but we ran out of time so we couldn't cut them. When we got back to their place, I cut some by hand to place in the back of my prints (just in case I sell any). I also helped rearrange their 13x19 portfolio, although I'm not sure when that happened exactly; it all sort of blends together.

Day 41

Today's objectives for me were to cut my buisness cards and do laundry, both of which have been successfully completed. The cards look really nice. I'm quite proud of them.And Donny got the exclusive image printed alright. She first tried to get it done at Staples, but their print quality was not so great, so she reluctantly went back to FedEx Office.

Now all that's left to do is to pack for FaerieWorlds! I also need to package my masks to mail them home. I decided to try mailing them because the gold one had a tiny crack from the flight out here and I'd really rather not risk it getting more damaged. I just hope it doesn't get hurt in the mail. I'll have to insure it.

But I'm very excited for FaerieWorlds. As Donny pointed out, it's really the big finish of my internship. I get to show my work to the crowd I may eventually sell to. Getting to see their reactions will be quite different from the reactions of my classmates who generally don't get fantasy; although to their credit, they usually like my work anyway. But it will be very beneficial to see how the fantasy crowd reacts. I kinda wish I had my work from last semester to show too. In some ways I feel like the little body of work that I did over the internship is rather scattered and not as polished as last semester's work. I guess I'm just concerned that it's not a good representation of my work...although I think it still has that edge that most of my pieces do, so hopefully it'll work out. I'm a worrywart, I know.

Well, tomorrow we are supposed to go to a museum or something; maybe get sushi. Something fun that gets us out of the house and enjoying LA before we leave. Even though I haven't done very much site-seeing and I only went to the ocean once I still have enjoyed my time in LA. I'm not much of a tourist. And I'm even less of one when I'm by myself. In order to fully enjoy the tourist-y parts of LA, I'll have to come back with friends or family. But until then, I'm content with my stay in Los Angeles. It's neat to be able to watch Angel, hear a street name and be able to say, "hey, I've been there." I'm definetly pleased with my travels thus far, and I expect my short trip to Oregon to be the same.

PS: 6 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment